I started the Ultimate Reset last Monday and am rocking and rolling the detox phase also known as Phase 2.
I'm working on a post about my thoughts on it and how I've been feeling but I am going to start posting a Recipe of the Week each week to share the recipes I've come across in my travels on my way to getting healthier every day.
This one was absolutely delicious. I will absolutely make it again even when I'm not doing the reset. It was filling and delicious. I paired it with some roasted asparagus with a drizzle of lemon. Pretty quick to make and prep only took about 10 minutes once the quinoa and Lentils were cooked.
Ultimate Reset Quinoa Lentil Pilaf
Makes 3 Servings
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 dash group cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 3 cup cooked quinoa (2 cups water, 1 cup of Quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils (1.75:1 lentils to water ratio)
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, and turmeric; cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until tender.
Add quinoa, lentils, lemon peel, lemon juice, and parsley to cooked vegetables; heat over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Fluff with fork and serve.